Father Paul invites us to “dig a little deeper” this Lent. Just as Jesus was tempted by the devil in the desert for 40 days – we too must look to Jesus for the areas of our lives that could use a little “spring cleaning“. Father reminded us of a wonderful quote from Pope Francis on Facebook that we could all strive for this Lent and beyond.
In the words of Pope Francis
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
- Fast from worries and have trust in God.
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
- Fast from bitterness and fill your hearts with joy.
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.
Are you fasting this Lent? Let us know how in the comments…